Cory – An experienced Solutions/Virtualization Architect
Areas of Expertise: Extensive background with native and hybrid enterprise class infrastructures and cloud solutions, specializing with Automation, AI, DevOps, SDDC and full stack solutions including application layer.
- Expert with technology ranging Hyper-Converged, Software Defined DataCenter (SDDC), Networking (SDN), Storage (Legacy and SDS), Disaster Recovery (SDDR), Automation, Cloud (Private and Public), and many next generation solutions and platforms.
- Proven leader both technically and personally.
- Amazing ability to define process and controls, along with managing and setting expectations throughout an organization.
- Work Experience examples includes work for Sanofi-Aventis, Medivation, St. Josephs Healthcare, Catholic Healthcare West, Verizon, Intel, Palo Alto Networks, Cisco Systems, EMC, VMware, American Express, Wells Fargo, Department of Defense, City of Los Angeles.
- Extensive experience in project management and senior lead roles for creating plan, implementing and managing the plan and operational support of the plan.
- Currently working in various IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS automation and SDDC techniques using VMware vRA (VCAC) and NSX, along with OpenStack. Experienced with VMware vSphere, vROPs (Operations Manager), vRO (Orchestrator), vSAN, vCD (vCloud Director), Datacore San-Symphony, EMC ScaleIO. Next Gen firewalls such as PAN (Palo Alto Networks) integration with NSX, along with Sophos and Cisco.
- DevOps skills with Puppet and Chef Automation for manifest and recipe creation, with “some” Java, Ruby and PowerShell abilities. Currently learning Salt and Ansible.
- Handle various Next-Gen requirements such as Cloud Automation with business and technical leadership, which includes Service Catalog and Chargeback/Showback creation. Various Intake-to-Delivery automation engagements for production systems (IaaS) and development teams (SaaS), with controls for PCI, SOX, ISO, SAS and other internal and external governance requirements.
- Public Cloud skills include AWS, Terremark, Verizon Enterprise Cloud, RackSpace and VMware vCHS (vCloud Air).
- Strong leadership and team player human relations and relevant Psychology skills.
Locations: Bay Area, East Bay Preferred but open to full Area
Open to Contract, Contract to Hire, Direct Hire